Sake Tasting & Food Pairing Experience with an Expert
What You will Experience
Sake Tasting with an Expert
You’ll get to try flavors of sake you may never have experienced before – as we’ll introduce you to bottles which have never been exported. Your expert guide will explain the differences in taste – dry, sweet, rich, fruity – and how each of these are produced.
You’ll also be served various Otsumami – Japanese snacks which traditionally accompany alcohol – so you can see which types of food and flavor best accompany the different sake types.
〒612-8365 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Fushimi-ku, Kurumamachi, 271-1
- 25 min from JR Kyoto Station : Take a train on Kintetsu Line to Momoyamagoryo-Mae Station. Walk for 9 min from the station.
- 20 min from Gion-Shijo Station : Take a train on Keihan Line to Chushojima Station. Walk for 7 min from the station.
- 20 min from Fushimi-Inari Station
- Local English speaking sake expert
- Entrance fees (only for 3-hour tour)We'll go into a production area which public can't access. (depends on the brewery's schedule)
- Sake tasting(10 kinds for 3-hour tour / 7 kinds for 1.5-hour tasting session) to understand different categories (include premium grade to freshly squeezed Sake only available in Japan )
- Snacks for food pairingPairing some food with various sake. You will be amazed how food change the sake taste! Let's learn how to enjoy food pairing
- Cheat Sheet & Tasting Note (These will help you to choose your preferred sake in the future even you don't read Japanese.)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received when your request is accepted
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Recommend to bring a bottle of water
- Legal drinking age in Japan is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option for snacks is available, please advise at time of booking if required
So very glad I chose this tour. I had no knowledge of the creative process required for sake production. Kotaro painstakingly walked us through the entire “brewing” procedure and the differences among the many types of sake created with different rices, percentages of polishing, pasteurization...More
The Sake experience in Kyoto gave us the perfect Chance to learn everything we wanted to know about Sake. Our Host Kotaro was very friendly, answering all of our questions. I liked the variety of Sakes we got to taste and especially the food-pairing was...More
Very informative tour and tasting. The guide, Kotaro, spoke perfect English and was very knowledgeable. The regular museum was closed (like most of Japan at the moment) but we still managed to visit another brewery instead. The tastings were great - very different styles of...More
Highly informative tour with excellent explanations behind the different types of sake. Find out which you like and how to find it in a bottle shop!
We had a fantastic time during our insider sake experience tour. Kotaro was very knowledgeable and friendly and made the experience very enjoyable for us. We learned the true way to enjoy sake both by itself and with food thanks to Kotaro. I would definitely...More
Kotaro was very knowledgeable and described the tour very well. He answered all of my questions and helped out a great deal with my understanding. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in learning about sake
The tour included a visit to a brewery with our guide, Asahi, giving a very informed overview of how Sake is made. He was able to answer any questions we had and made it an easy process to understand. There were tastings of 3 Sakes...More
The many reviews saying how good this tour is are spot on: this is a very good tour. Kotaro is very knowledgeable, ready to answer questions from all, whether general, technical or historical. The info he provided, particularly with the food pairing (which was a...More