Sake Tasting & Food Pairing Experience with an Expert
What You will Experience
Sake Tasting with an Expert
You’ll get to try flavors of sake you may never have experienced before – as we’ll introduce you to bottles which have never been exported. Your expert guide will explain the differences in taste – dry, sweet, rich, fruity – and how each of these are produced.
You’ll also be served various Otsumami – Japanese snacks which traditionally accompany alcohol – so you can see which types of food and flavor best accompany the different sake types.
〒612-8053 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Fushimi-ku, Higashiōtechō, 755
- 13 min from JR Kyoto Station : Take a train on Kintetsu Line to Momoyamagoryo-Mae Station. Turn right and walk down the Shopping Street for 5 min.
- 16 min from Gion-Shijo Station : Take a local train on Keihan Line to Fushimi-Momoyama Station. Turn left and walk down the Shopping Street for 3 min.
- 16 min from Fushimi-Inari Station
- Local English speaking sake expert
- Entrance fees (only for 3-hour tour)We'll go into a production area which public can't access. (depends on the brewery's schedule)
- Sake tasting(10 kinds for 3-hour tour / 7 kinds for 1.5-hour tasting session) to understand different categories (include premium grade to freshly squeezed Sake only available in Japan )
- Snacks for food pairingPairing some food with various sake. You will be amazed how food change the sake taste! Let's learn how to enjoy food pairing
- Cheat Sheet & Tasting Note (These will help you to choose your preferred sake in the future even you don't read Japanese.)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received when your request is accepted
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Recommend to bring a bottle of water
- Legal drinking age in Japan is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option for snacks is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Enjoyed very much. Location was nice. Instructor was great! There was a nice variety of sakes presented. All in all a very enjoyable and informative experience.
I've tried to learn about sake before having gone to several free 'educational' tastings and experiences - this is the first time I've actually absorbed and understood what I was told! Knowledgeable guides, very friendly and helpful who not only answered all our questions about...More
- Christopher P
Kotaro was very knowledgable about the different types of sake, the production process, and what types of food to pair them with. We also learned how to read the labels to identify the different types of sake. The sake itself was delicious, and the pours...More
Kotaro and Maria were both very friendly and knowledgeable during this tour. They gave a good overview of how sake is made, the various types and how to distinguish them, as well as tips for buying sake and pairing it with food. I feel like...More
We learnt so much in a really interesting and engaging way. The guides were so lovely and very informative. One of the highlights of our trip, I would highly recommend!
I really learn more about sake. Just wish it was more in depth. maybe have 2 kind of courses? Also the pairing didn't really work. Only the vintage sake.