What You will Experience
Uncover the little-known sake culture of Fushimi District in Kyoto. Insider sake brewery tour, sake tasting and food pairing with an expert will take you to the deep world of sake culture. In the brewery, come to understand the differences of sake and how these are produced. You’ll focus on the secret methods of sake brewing which have been passed down for generations. Through our expert-lead tasting session you’ll get the chance to learn the unique characteristics of different varieties of sake, discovering which type you most prefer and how to identify your favourites on menus and bottle labels. Through our food pairing session you will discover the way the taste of sake can completely change when paired with different dishes. This is a fun and educational experience for anyone who wants to learn more about sake and have a chance to try different types of sake
Insider Sake Brewery Tour
- Only included in 3-hour tour
You’ll take a short walk to visit the largest sake brewery in Fushimi, where you’ll deepen your knowledge of sake and witness traditional brewing processes which have been passed down from generation to generation. At the end of your brewery tour you’ll have the chance to taste a few of the flavors produced there.
Sake Tasting with an Expert
You’ll get to try flavors of sake you may never have experienced before – as we’ll introduce you to bottles which have never been exported. Your expert guide will explain the differences in taste – dry, sweet, rich, fruity – and how each of these are produced.
You’ll also be served various Otsumami – Japanese snacks which traditionally accompany alcohol – so you can see which types of food and flavor best accompany the different sake types.
〒612-8053 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Fushimi-ku, Higashiōtechō, 755
- 13 min from JR Kyoto Station : Take a train on Kintetsu Line to Momoyamagoryo-Mae Station. Turn right and walk down the Shopping Street for 5 min.
- 16 min from Gion-Shijo Station : Take a local train on Keihan Line to Fushimi-Momoyama Station. Turn left and walk down the Shopping Street for 3 min.
- 16 min from Fushimi-Inari Station
- Local English speaking sake expert
Entrance fees (only for 3-hour tour)We'll go into a production area which public can't access. (depends on the brewery's schedule)
Sake tasting(10 kinds for 3-hour tour / 7 kinds for 1.5-hour tasting session) to understand different categories (include premium grade to freshly squeezed Sake only available in Japan )
Snacks for food pairingPairing some food with various sake. You will be amazed how food change the sake taste! Let's learn how to enjoy food pairing
- Cheat Sheet & Tasting Note (These will help you to choose your preferred sake in the future even you don't read Japanese.)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received when your request is accepted
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Recommend to bring a bottle of water
- Legal drinking age in Japan is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option for snacks is available, please advise at time of booking if required
I cannot say enough positive things about the Sake Experience that my wife and I went on yesterday. Getting to see the old sake brewery was a really cool experience. Asahi was an amazing guide - super knowledgeable and really made the whole tour and...More
Myself, my wife and two adult sons were with us. We had a fantastic time and we now feel informed about Sake! Would recommend.
This is was one of the highlights of our trip to the Kyoto area. I have always been interested in learning more about sake, and I learned so much from this tour and tasting experience. Kotaro was amazing in both his knowledge and patience. The...More
As a wine lover I really appreciated this tasting experience. It was a great history and lesson into the details of what sake is and how it is made. Asahi obviously has a great passion for sake and it shows in his enthusiasm as he...More
I didn’t know anything about sake prior to this experience. Great balance of knowledge and leisure. Highly recommend.
This was an absolutely fantastic tour! Kotaro was the perfect guide - friendly, personable and extremely knowledgeable and patient! We came into this with varying degrees of knowledge (and taste for) Sake among us, but we learned a ton! We had no idea there was...More
Amazing sake learning experience! We scheduled the evening sake class and were so happy to meet and learn from Asahi. He was extremely knowledgeable, sharing excellent information with us, sake novices. We tasted a selection of seven different types of sake, all of which exemplified...More
We were very impressed by the tour, which was great fun and we also learned a lot. It was an insight into Japanese culture through the drink and food. Very professional and pleasant guides