Book【No.4】 Advanced Class of Microorganisms & Fermentation
Online Class Details
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Starting Time: Check the Tour Calendar
- Maximum: 10 screens
- Price: 5,500 JPY
- Host Location : Kyoto, Japan
- The Zoom link for the class will be sent to your Email address before the session starts.
The time displayed is in Japan time. Please double-check your time when you book your session.World Clock
What You Will Discover in This Class
- The Microorganisms Rerated to Sake
- Variety of Koji
- Characteristics of Yellow Koji
- Characteristics of Black Koji
- Characteristics of White Koji
- Sake Made with Different Koji
- Variety of Yeast
- What is Hana Kobo?
- Introduction of Kyokai Kobo
- Sake Made with Different Yeast
- Microorganisms Harmful to Sake
- Microorganisms in Kimoto
- Rise and Fall of Microorganisms in Kimoto
After Taking This Class, You will..
- Learn about the different types of koji molds, their features, and how the ingredients produced by koji affect the sake brewing process.
- Understand the different types of yeast used in sake brewing. This section will focus specifically on Kyokai Kobo (協会酵母) yeast, which is essential to understanding sake brewing.
- Get to know about kimoto (生酛) from a microbiological perspective, which was established in the 17th century and was born out of the most advanced microbiological engineering research in Japan at that time.
- Be amazed at the drama of the prosperity and selection of numerous microbial kingdoms!
This Class is for ..
- Those who love sake and want to learn about microorganisms related to sake production.
- Those who wish to learn in depth about traditional sake brewing, such as kimoto.
- Those who want to get more knowledge about sake before traveling to Japan.
- Those who interested in the culture and traditions related to fermentation in Japan.
- Wine, beer and whisky lovers who also want to learn the microorganisms in sake.
- Professionals in the hospitality industry who would like to learn specialized knowledge of the microorganisms related to sake.
- For in-house training in the hospitality industry
- Private courses for companies and groups are also available. Please contact us.